INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Collection Officer
Location: Bama; Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Starting Date: 15th March, 2019
Duration of contract: 3 month (Renewable)
Reporting to: WH In-charge
General Context of the Project
- The AoG armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria.
- The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers. The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also
- been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The WH Data Collection & Storage Officer should be responsible, under overall supervision of WH In-charge, of the general Warehouse activities, assessment &
- analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with
- the donor, and that these activities are achieving timely results. During absence of WH Incharge, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Lead.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard INTERSOS inventory management policies and procedure;
- Provide information and logistics support to partners and warehouse staff where necessary;
- Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all partners using the storage facility.
- Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with INTERSOS standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer) BOTH SOFT and Hard Copies.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and other relevant documents.
- Update as per INTERSOS requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge and in relation to WFP standard of operations (SOPs).
- Support in preparing and sending to the warehouse and supply chain coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Cargo tracking on RITA software with the warehouse in- charge and proper takeover in his absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
- Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Collect accurate data for generator usage
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly/mid term / final data reports;
- Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
- Take record of car data
- Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record
- Archive every day problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools
- Support the project manager to compile data and present quality statistics that meet user needs and contribute to decision making;
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page