INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Duty Station: Maiduguri (50%) and Field Bases (50%)
Starting Date: 1 st of April 2018
Duration of contract: 2 month (renewable)
Reporting to: Log Coord
General context of the project
- The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State,
- North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers. The Armed
- Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social
- services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent.
- Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Logistic Officer should provide overall supervision to logistic activities including staff facilitation in terms of office management / guesthouse management under direct supervision of Log Coord. During absence of Lof
- Coordinator, position will be wholly accountable for project under direct supervision of Head of Base /or Supply Chain Coord.
- Take part in the identification of the sites where work is to be carried out
- Supervise contractions, rehabilitations and or any other technical activities
- Consult the procurement team in Constructions and technical topics
- In charge of preparing drawings & BoQs, technical analysis and dealing with tendering and contracting
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Supervise in terms of logistic support before, during and after distributions / assessment by arranging vehicles, transportation of foods / other supplies
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities, donors’ program staff in field and other key stakeholders for a coordinated implementation of project activities
- Facilitate as per resource in term o.f logistics for office and guesthouse premises
- Take part of procurement process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture;
- Minimum 1 years of experience at national level project technical implementation position preferably in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Familiarity with constructions and technical topics;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language is an advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Competent & with experience in engineering drawings using AutoCAD, familiarity with GPS / GIS, use of MS Office programs
- Strong attention to detail. The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for situations.
- Position will be based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to all bases in Borno State.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food at duty station;
- For any sort of field / official visit, travel to & from will responsibility of INTERSOS but travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility .
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page