Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Reconciliation Associate – Jumia
Job type: Full Time
- This role is responsible for assisting the Inventory Reconciliation Manager in reviewing inventory requirements, compiling reports and metrics and making recommendations for inventory reallocation based upon utilization report.
In particular, you will:
- Reconcile or audit inventories to the physical count by applying frequently changing complex reconciliation rules. Reviews reconciled results for exceptions before posting to the retail stock ledger.
- Maintain electronic files for inventories including: electronic cut-off, monthly transaction reports, distribution center tracking information, exception research, reconciliation paperwork including emails, final reports, and other documentation related to the inventory.
- Research inaccurate or conflicting information provided by the field as necessary to ensure the posted shrink results are accurate.
- Communicate reconciliation needs clearly and responds to any questions or concerns from the field before and/or after inventories post.
- Responsibility and accountability for all of the Inventory GL accounts on the balance sheet from data entry to reconciliation of the inventory GL accounts
- Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances and provides recommendations to management regarding process improvements
- Monitor inventory transactions to ensure accuracy of all inventory related activities as they relate to the general ledger
- Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledge.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a Distribution environment, including experience performing inventory cycle counts
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and nestedifs formulas)
- Ability to interpret Financial Data from various systems and in various formats
- Proficient at recommending reconciliation variance solutions and leading remediation.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page