The Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) is an initiative of a partnership program of the World Bank with the help of the Government of Nigeria. It was launched in September 2018, as the first the Climate Technology Programs (CTP) being established in Nigeria to support green growth through strengthening domestic capacity and financing for the transfer, development and deployment of innovative climate solutions.
The NCIC aims to spark the next wave of clean technology innovation in Nigeria and catalyze new solutions that promote Nigeria’s private sector growth while achieving sustainable development objectives. By working together with the private sector in Nigeria, the NCIC will target opportunities to expand the country’s agriculture, energy, transport, health, and water infrastructure to serve the needs of the growing population while improving living standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Venture Analyst
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Department: Client Service Unit
Reports to: Operations Manager
Manages: Venture development support
Contract Type: Six months to Full time permanent contract
Probation period: Six months during which notice period is one month on either side
- Ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing growth support to business incubation and acceleration functions
- Main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and venture development support.
- To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize startup operational systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings towards startup growth.
- Performing requirements analysis, documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance support to startups and businesses in the NCIC.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between ventures and NCIC incubation team (including Mentors, facilitators and coaches).
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Business Analyst Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or any field or an MBA (added advantange).
- A minimum of 3 years experience in business analysis or a related field in startup management.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills towards innovation entrepreneurs needs.
- The ability to manage innovation driven entrepreneurs to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on tasks.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams in startup related programs.
- A history of leading and supporting successful startup development projects.
NGN 1.8 million p/a
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page