IPCAREER JOB UPDATES
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Information Communications Technology Associate, GS-7
Job Number: 518576
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
How can you make a difference?
- The Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Associates performs specialized activities pertaining to UNICEF’s ICT systems including desktop administration, server operations, hardware, and software.
- Specialized activities may include technical support in the testing and implementation of new application system releases, modules and functionalities and systems administration tasks.
- This is skilled work, which may include the provision of procedural leadership to more junior staff or serve as a focal point for a systems project.
ICT Office Customer Service Support:
- The Senior ICT Associate is fundamentally support and assistance to client staff from across the office in the installation and maintenance/troubleshooting of ICT applications.
- S/He liaises and interacts with colleagues, users and user groups in establishing application requirements, providing training in new systems and applications and proving guidance on best practices.
- The Senior ICT Associate may coordinate with external service providers, such as telephony services providers, and consultants, ensuring delivery of agreed services and prompt resolution of service issues.
- Senior ICT Associates perform specialized IT application administration activities to ensure functionality and facilitate user interface. Accountabilities/key results include:
- Analyzing functional issues, developing functional specifications and identifying the need for new systems or re-engineering/enhancements of the existing systems or applications.
- Supporting the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new applications and systems and customizing existing applications.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and relevant security patches; prioritizing, evaluating, testing and applying third party patches.
- Providing second-level support to users on systems applications including assistance on technical issues, setting up user access security profiles, and other related user issues.
- Drafting technical documentation and manuals.
- Assessing training needs, developing and presenting structured and ad hoc training to users as required.
- Assisting in the management of specialized ICT projects, particularly in the area of development and implementation of new systems and applications.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of first level university degree is required in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- A minimum of Five years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required; Practical experience and working knowledge of various programme; Experience with UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
- View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Application Closing Date
23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time); 24th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page