IPCAREER JOB UPDATES
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Specialist – Mechanical
Ref Id: 3224388
Location: Nigeria; Port Harcourt
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
- The Field Specialist: Aero derivative Gas Turbine is an individual who is competent in evaluating and solving performance issues on GE Aero-derivative Gas Turbines and could perform advanced repair on machine components.
- He is an individual who has a wide knowledge of one or more application processes and plant operation involving these machines.
- He / she is capable to act as a technical authority on behalf of the Company on decision-making and problems resolution on these machines.
- As a Field Specialist: Aero derivative Gas Turbine, you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Aero-derivative Gas Turbines, Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS BHGE headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures. The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all BHGE TPS customers.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of hands-on experience on GE Aero derivative machines & their control systems.
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience with installation and maintenance programs for GE Aero-derivative Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Oil and gas industry and field service experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth experience on PGT25+ L1, L2 & L3 inspections, LM25, LM25+ inspections, LM-MKV, MKVI & MKVIe Control Panels for both generation and mechanical drive applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Bently Nevada 3500, Alen Bradley PLC5 & panel view, Siemens STEP5 & 7 & Contrologix, GE Fanuc 9030 & Rx3i, Cimplicity, Historian.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page